Sunday, February 23, 2014

Top 3 Mom and Pop Restaurants of Greenville

There is a saying that says people should eat to live and not live to eat. I disagree. You only live once, so you might as well enjoy yourself. My favorite places to dine at are mom and pop restaurants simply because they are one of a kind. You can't go to San Francisco and expect the same mom and pop restaurant that is in Greenville. There are some exceptionally good mom and pop restaurants in Greenville, South Carolina.

1. Milano's Pizzeria & Restaurant

If you want authentic Italian/Greek food, then this is the place to be. Milano's has a large selection of food ranging from pizza, pasta, strombolis, calzones to sandwiches. You can order almost anything off the menu and expect it to be good. The reason I didn't say always is because I'm still trying to conquer everything on their menu. My personal favorite is the House Stromboli. It comes stuffed with pepperoni, Italian sausage, hamburger, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. In addition to the great food, Milano's has huge portions, often large enough for leftovers. (Click here to see the restaurant's menu).

2. Lieu's Chinese Bistro

Are you one of those picky Chinese food eaters? I know I am, so believe me when I say this Chinese restaurant is da-bomb.com. At first glance, Lieu's appears to be an expensive Chinese restaurant, but don't let the prices fool you. What you pay for will be well worth it in quality, taste, and portion sizes. One dinner entree can feed two to three people depending on your appetites. The dishes come out in pot-luck style with huge portions of the main dish and rice bowls on the side.

My favorite thing about this restaurant is that everything comes with unlimited rice, and me being a rice lover, it sealed the deal. My favorite dish on the menu is the curry chicken and shrimp. If you want to try an array of dishes, have each member of your party to order something different and have everybody share. (Click here to see the restaurant's menu).

3. Mad Cuban Cafe

Who knew that the Upstate of South Carolina would have good Cuban food? I didn't until I tried Mad Cuban Cafe. I was nervous about trying Cuban food, but after hearing all the rave about this place, I had to try it. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Cuban food might be similar to Mexican food, but it was totally different. If you try this restaurant out, and want to try something "safe," try the Cuban Going Bananas sandwich. It is sooooo good. It has BBQ, plantains, ham, pickles, and a special sauce. This sandwich is pretty large, so you can even split it between two people. (Click here to see reviews and customers' favorite dishes).
Mad Cuban Cafe
Cuban Going Bananas


Greenville is home to many delicious mom and pop restaurants. These three restaurants were just some of my personal favorites. Every once in a while, I encourage you to try something different other than just the chain restaurants.


Still not convinced about these restaurants' delicious food? Maybe hearing other customer's opinions will convince you:

Milano's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Lieu's Bistro
Mad Cuban Cafe

"Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
- Dorothy Day
 


No comments:

Post a Comment